Collaboration is in the core of the 3DLife Network of Excellence. Various forms of collaboration apply within the project:
Integration and Sustainability. The 3DLife Network of Excellence proudly promotes a series of collaborative activities such as Senior Research Personnel Exchanges, PhD Student Exchanges, Industrial Placement of Research Personnel, and Jointly Post-Graduate Courses.
The 3DLife consortium partners have committed to build upon those activities and achieve the establishment of a sustainable European Competence Center: Excellence in Media Computing and Communication (EMC2).
Cooperative Research. The 3DLife Network of Excellence promotes cooperative research between its core partners on the following research areas: 3D Computer Graphics Methods, Media Analysis for 3D Data Generation, Virtual Humans Rendering and Animation, Distributed Immersive Virtual Worlds, Media Networking, and Secure Networked Data Representations. A series of Integrated Projects (Demos) evolved within the consortium around these scientific areas of interest:
- Autonomous Virtual Humans
- Robust Virtual Mirror
- Simulating the Body and Motion of an Athlete
- Immersive Worlds
In the heart of 3DLife’s respective Joint Programme on Cooperative Research lies the 3DLife Integration Framework, an internal to the consortium framework – a restricted section of 3DLife’s web/network presence – that aims to enhance collaboration between project partners.
Spreading Excellence. 3DLife aims at spreading the Network’s excellence in integrative efforts, technology transfer, scientific results, and training. Dissemination actions are focused on the following groups of people:
- people from industry/business, and
- the nonspecialist citizen.
Various activities are conducted to this end:
- The Web Site you are currently viewing was setup along with a series of 3DLife groups in various Social Networks. More information on joining those groups can be found at the bottom right of the page while traffic statistics for the site can be found in the Website Statistics page.
- A variety of Dissemination Material has been and is being constantly developed; a biannual newsletter is being published – both electronically and in print – in order to act as an instrument for regular exchange of information among the 3DLife Network of Excellence members and the research community at large; several types of flyers have been and are being constantly developed for the widespread dissemination of the project.
- The project’s scientific results are being constantly disseminated through a series of research publications in workshop/conference proceedings and in scientific magazines/journals. The full list of 3DLife scientific articles can be found in the Publication List page.
- 3DLife is sponsoring and co-organizing a series of Special Issues in leading scientific journals.
- 3DLife aims to publish a book in the area of Media Computing and Communication and to succeed in a series of technology transfers.